Sunday 3 April 2016

Sunday post 27; It's Monday! What are you reading? 15

  The Sunday Post is hosted here by Kimba: http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and is a chance for a chat and a catch-up with what's been going on in your week.

It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted here: http://bookdate.blogspot.co.nz/ by Kathryn and does what it says on the tin. :)

Let's see ... I worked. I played Dragon Age: Awakenings. I did not do much reading last week, however. I stumbled over a mini-slump instead, which really wasn't much fun. Hence, getting through Awakenings so quickly (also I accidentally skipped a bunch of side-quests). I launched Dragon Age 2 again today. I always say that Origins was my first love and Inquisition is my true love. DA2 ... I guess DA2 is my bit on the side but I do love it.

Anyway. Yesterday, with determination and fortitude and blah blah blah I sat down with The Drawing of the Three, and made actual, real, genuine progress with a book. I've read it before, though not for many years, and I forgot that this is peak King. Like. This is Peak King. It's King right at the top of his game. I got through another 50 pages or so today, and I'm on track to finish this week. Which will be nice, as my goodreads stats keep slipping - lol.

I'm still picking at Perdido Street Station but I've had to put it down for a bit, there was a sequence that was ... hard to read. I might pick it up this week again, I'll see.

A friend of a friend and her son came down from Christchurch unexpectedly yesterday so spawn and I spent a large part of the afternoon with them. It was fun, but both spawn and I were ready to go home by about 7.30. The friend is my stitch-and-watch Saturday night friend and asked me if I'd want to come back with my stitching, even though her friend and son were still there - they were staying with them. Honestly, as much as I enjoy our Saturday nights, I just wanted to go home.

Today, I got all my grown-up things done, and launched DA2, like I said, and friends of spawn showed up (there's a rant/post for another day) so he was well  occupied for the afternoon.

For the coming week, I have work, hopefully finising The Drawing of the Three, and possibly catching up with Versailles and maybe also The Walking Dead. I'd like to get some writing done, too maybe and also possibly some stitching. Hopefully I'll also get at least one blog post done - a short reviews post. :)

I'll see.

How's your week looking?

What are you reading?

8 comments:

  1. Nice to catch up with friends, but it can be exhausting! Though the stitch-and-watch thing sounds kinda interesting.

    Hope you get past your slump this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always great when you can finally make progress with a book again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah to making progress with a book, but my peeps are gamers so I know the addiction!! Have fun finding balance :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't played any Dragon Age but I'd like to try at some point, I've kinda fallen away from being a gamer. :) Too much blogging I guess ha ha. Sounds like a pretty good week though. And yeah sometimes it's nice to come home. Have a nice week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a nice visit with your friends but I'm with you on wanting to go home. I can only take so much socializing before I just need to go home. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have those minor slumps from time to time too. I haven't ever played Dragon Age. My husband is more into those types of games. I can see myself getting sucked in and not wanting to stop playing. SIMS took over my life for a short while there. It's been awhile since I last played.

    I hope Perdido Street Station picks up for you soon!

    Sounds like you had a nice time with your friends. I am like that too though--ready to come home after awhile.

    I hope you have a great week! My TWD didn't record on my DVR--I'm so bummed. I'm hoping to record a encore showing so I can watch it on Friday. Talk about bad timing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deborah: We do it every Saturday night, give or take. We watch uplifting things like The Blacklist and Survivor and have a catch up. :)

    Sigourney: It's a good feeling for sure.

    Kimba: Balance is always the struggle! Thanks :)

    Greg: I love it, but so far it's the only game I play - lol. Though I've been flirting with Mass Effect too.

    Katherine: Yeah, me too. Thanks!

    Kathy: It had its moments for sure!

    Literary Feline: I've never played SIMS but I know a lot of people enjoy it. Thanks, I'm about ready to give it another shot!

    ReplyDelete