Friday 28 April 2017

Dewey's readathon, plus starting meme

I only just signed up today, so my snack and books pile are both rather last-minute. I'm going out tonight, and readathon starts at midnight my time, so I won't be there for the early part of the festivities.

I am, however, part of #TeamANZ - a group of Aussie and NZ books bloggers - you can find the others here: http://bronasbooks.blogspot.co.nz/2017/04/deweys-readathon-april-2017.html - who will be around on the twitter tomorrow afternoon when our northern hemisphere readers might be a bit quieter.

I've put a pic on instagram, and here it is in all its glory, my last-minute stack of readathon possibles and snacks:

The book stack possibles are: A Feast for Crows by G R R Martin, Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel (this would be a re-read but it's the book of my soul), Wizards and Glass by Stephen King, The Paladin Caper by Patrick Weekes, The Stolen Throne by David Gaider and The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead.

The snacks are salt and vinegar chips, toffee milk chocolate by Whitaker's and Sprite - lol. 

My plan is to (hopefully) set aside a few reading hours tomorrow. I'm only going to pick one book from the stack, and I think it'll depend on what I'm feeling like.

Meanwhile, here's the starting meme that kicks off each readathon:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
New Zealand. :) Specifically my living room. Possibly outside for a bit if it's sunny.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

I'm not sure actually, but I have Wizards and Glass by Stephen King, and The Prophecy Con by Patrick Weekes, so I might dive in to one of those.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Whittaker's toffee milk chocolate... om nom

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
Um. At this point, I'm not sure what people don't know about me - lol.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? Hopefully get a bit more reading done ...

Most of these answers are the same as last time - lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment