Saturday 3 February 2018

Sunday Post 86, It's Monday, What are you reading? 71


The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and a catch-up - is hosted by Kimba, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://bookdate.blogspot.co.nz/

It rained, it rained it rained!! Normally this wouldn't be quite so newsworthy, but before it rained the temperatures were climbing up to 30deg celsius and we were on water restrictions. Then, on Thursday, the heavens opened up. We're not out of the woods yet, but the rain brought cooler temperatures at least which was a great relief.

Spawn went back to school on Thursday. Luckily his uniform from last year still fits, and we can buy his stationary straight from the school, so it's been fairly low-stress. For me, anyway. :) He's happy to see his friends again, and also happy he doesn't have any homework as of yet.

Other than that, just work, mostly. Yesterday I went into town for a bit of a wander - with my hours and with the office being juuuuust outside the main centre, I don't really go out and about at lunchtime much. So I took the chance yesterday morning to have a quiet wander. I also bought some new makeup as it'd been a couple of years since I'd bought anything - time for a change. :)

I had lunch with some former workmates as well, and that was nice, catching up with people and getting news etc. I didn't do much else over the weekend. I read a book, and I'm helping spawn slowly build a floating Lego city. So far we have a throne room, a king, and of course, robot bodyguards.

Today I painted my nails and watched Gods of Egypt and I will never see those two hours of my life again. I'll post a review later this week.

I read One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus which I really enjoyed. Review coming later in the week for that, too.

I'm still working through The Exodus Quest and also It Devours. Both of which I'm greatly enjoying but it was kind of nice to just pick something up and fly through it in  a day.

How about you? What's your week like? What are you reading?

12 comments:

  1. LOL about Gods of Egypt. That good, huh? :)

    The floating LEGO city sounds awesome though. And I really liked One Of Us Is Lying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep an eye out for my review later this week ;)

      Delete
  2. I really want to read One of Us is Lying myself. Maybe I should just go ahead and put it on hold at the library. It sounds like you had a good week - I hope that this one goes as well for you! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you’ve been busy. We get water restrictions and grassfires every summer. It’s scary sometimes. I hope you have a good week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly not fun, but we've had more rain which is good news.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a mostly good week. The Lego city sounds wonderful. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. The Lego city is an ongoing thing, but it's fun to build. :)

      Delete
  5. It's gotten warmer here. It feels like spring but I'd really like more rain first. This week's post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rain. I hope we get some soon. I know how much you needed some and am glad you got it! It sounds like you had a busy week with work and getting your child off to school again. The floating Lego city sounds so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cooled down a lot which has been great. :)

      Delete